Manyo Roman Shade
Putting traditional Sudare into modern space.
It’s the first trial in the industry that SHIKADA SANGYO INC. has started.
This style of Sudare has an optional raising and lowering function in addition to its traditional features as they are.
We have enabled the height of traditional Ozashiki Sudare to be adjustable by use of the chain-mechanism of Roman Shade style.
In order to raise and lower conventional Ozashiki Sudare, it used to be necessary to roll up the Sudare from the bottom by hand, and then place it on clasps, so-called hooks attached to Fusa (tassel). Furthermore, since the Sudare can be placed only in a location of the hooks, the height was unable to be adjusted. This may be because Sudare, which has the origin in Misu, had been a decorative item used as indoor partitions that wouldn’t usually need to be raised or lowered. Ozashiki Sudare, which had come to be used as Shitsurai of Japanese style rooms since the Meiji Era, came into wide use as practical items that were used as elegant decoration and airy partitions, and then they had come to be used not only a piece of furniture, but also an interior item used instead of curtains or screens, which has brought the necessity of raising and lowering function. As “Manyo Roman Shade”, which is a type of Ozashiki Sudare manufactured by traditional manufacturing methods since the Heian Period which can be raised and lowered with the Roman Shade mechanism, you can enjoy its convenience in addition to its traditionally decorativeness. Also, the height can be adjusted easily by chain operations.
※The price listed in this side is applicable for domestic (Japan) only
Since price being exported to overseas shall be different, we will make a quotation accordingly.
The freight cost shall be added separately from the commodity price.
- This is Roman shade style Ozashiki Sudare that can be raised and lowered by chain operations.
- The built-in drum mechanism enables it to be raised, lowered and stopped easily at any height.
- The ceiling-mounting dedicated brackets ensure that Sudare main body can be installed by one-touch operation.
- The fabrication size ranges from W500mm x H500mm to the maximum of W2,400mm x H2,000mm.
- Other than Ozashiki Sudare, fabrication is available for Decorative Sudare Kyoan, Misu (Sudare blind) and Butsuma Sudare.
- Color of the drum mechanism and chain is brown.
- Additional fabrication is available for your existing Sudares.
Product specifications of Manyo Roman Shade
Ball chain height
|Product height (mm)||Chain height (mm)||Mounting height (mm)|
Rough indication of folded width
|Product height (mm)||Folded width (d)|
List of Manyo Roman Shade fabrication prices
* Add above prices to that of Sudare main body.